We spend 90% of our life indoors. We have become The Indoor Generation and it is affecting our health and wellbeing. It’s time to let nature back into our homes.
We chose to build the project on the fact, that we spend 90% of our lives indoors. In other words, we have gone from being part of nature to being apart from nature. With this project we want to address the following serious facts:
• Indoor air can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor
• Living in damp and moldy homes increases the risk of asthma by 40%
• Lack of daylight makes 15% of us sad
• Daylight can boost your children’s learning abilities by up to 15%
• Kids’ bedrooms are often the most polluted room in the house
The purpose of “The Indoor Generation” project is to create awareness about the importance of daylight and fresh air. The main objective of is to start a global conversation around bad indoor environment and to encourage people – and also other stakeholders like architects, politicians and health organizations to act.